Our Transition programme is designed for young people with intellectual disabilities between the ages of 15 and 29 years and helps participants to develop personal, social and professional skills; increased confidence; and employment prospects.
The programme is open to people with intellectual disabilities who are in receipt of a Disability Allowance, Invalidity Pension or in receipt of Illness Benefit for more than three months. Participants can also join via referrals from partner organisations.
This is an innovative course, tailored to the individual which includes:
- An assessment of each individual’s needs;
- A personalised progression plan;
- Regular one-to-one support from a Job Coach;
- Development of employment focused skills and experience; and the creation of an up-to-date CV;
- Supported work placements with organisations who have participated in Disability Awareness Training; and
- On-going and continual support for the term of the Transition Project.
The programme links with the supports available across Empower and the aim is for participants to graduate from the Transition programme into the wider Empower Employment Services.
For more information on this programme contact Naomi O’ Donnell on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01 820 9550.