Our Job Club is designed to expand job seekers awareness around the job searching process and help them to understand how the application of simple techniques can greatly improve their job seeking skills and job application success! Through the supports available, jobseekers will be more aware of their employable and marketable attributes.
Training topics covered include:
Health and Safety; Rules and Regulations; The Current Labour Market; CV Preparation, Career Planning; Job Targeting; Job Seeking Skills; Sourcing Jobs; Applying for Jobs; Assertiveness; Interview Techniques and Mock Interviews.
Due to the impact of COVID-19, the Job Club duration is for two weeks only – Monday to Friday (10 x 1.5 hrs)
- Profiling your skills and matching them with employment opportunities
- Creating an individual Employment Plan
- Understanding the Interview Process; The Employers Approach and the Development and Practice of interview skills
- CV Preparation
- How to Register with Jobs Ireland and Upload your CV
- How to draft a Cover Letter and Fill in an Application Form
- The Value of Transferable Skills
- Communication Skills in the Workplace
- Group participation and Motivation
- Using the Internet in Job Searching and fill in Online Application Forms
- The Current Labour Market
Clients can also avail of the following supports while participating on the 2 week programme:
Individualised Support – This allows Job Seekers to avail of practical and personal support on a one to one basis for example: Pre-interview support and the opportunity to conduct a Mock Interview with a trained Guidance Counsellor.
Drop-in-Service – Job Seekers can avail of the facilities of the Job Club for example: internet, telephone and photocopying. These services are through appointment only.
CV and Cover letter preparation – The Job Club Leader/Job Club Assistant or Guidance Practitioner will be on hand to help jobseekers create a CV and Cover letter which is suited to their needs. CV’s and Cover letters can be tailored for each job application.
Aims and Benefits of The Job Club
Upon completion of the Job Club it is envisaged that the job seeker will have attained the following skills and techniques:
- How to carry out an effective job search, prepare a CV and letter of application
- Create and follow an individual Employment Plan
- Prepare for interviews
- Build Relationships and rapport
- Good verbal communication and body language skills
- Be able to identify individual strengths and skills and match them to work opportunities both locally and further afield
- Improved job seeking decision-making capabilities
- Know how to develop a network of contacts which can be useful when looking for work